Simple Chinese Meals ~ So easy to cook Asian food at home...

Sometimes, I feel like having some Chinese food.  Sometimes, I want to go out to the local Chinese restaurant & enjoy their vast lunch buffet.  Sometimes, I just want to stay home & have some quick & easy Chinese food that I make myself.  On those days, this is what you might find cooking in my kitchen.  Not having a certain ingredient will ever stop me from making a dish, I just improvise with what I have on hand.  It's the only way to cook when you have a craving.  :)

Hot and Sour Soup ~ When Roy is sick, I like to made him some homemade soup.  He really enjoys Hot & Sour Soup at the Chinese restaurant ~ whether he has a cold, or not.  Last time he was ill, I found a recipe for the soup in The Joy of Cooking cookbook & improvised with what I had on hand. It turned out really good!

Double Mushroom Miso Soup & Sesame Broccoli ~ I saw this post (for these two recipes, making one meal) on Facebook, ~ from the blog,  Fat Free Vegan.  I had all the ingredients, so I made it for my lunch that same day. Very tasty.  I wonder sometimes if I have too many items/ingredients in my pantry/fridge...Nah. :) ~ 

  Udon Noodles ~ I know these are Japanese noodles, but they have similar noodles in China, so I'm taking the liberty to include them in this post.  (I hope no one minds :)  I love cooking with these noodles, they are so quick & easy. They make a fantastic presentation & are a great way to use up any leftovers you might have in the fridge.  I make both  hot & cold dishes with these tasty noodles. So versatile!

Sweet & Sour Pork ~ Roy & I had the munchies late one night & he decided to cook.  I had some leftover pork chops/rice & he made this REALLY good meal in no time flat. Bottled Sweet & Sour Sauce is such a quick way to make this meal.  He threw in some canned tropical fruit & frozen bell pepper strips.  Literally, 15 minutes from start to finish.  I love it when we have just the right ingredients all ready to go in the fridge.

Chinese Chicken Salad with Almonds, Ramen Noodles & Oranges ~ I love making this dish with shredded cabbage or even using coleslaw mix (to make it faster to create).  It travels well, keeps a perfect crunch & is great for potlucks & family get togethers.  I have been making it for years!

Just change up the presentation a little bit & the Chinese Chicken Salad can look elegant.  Who knew ramen noodles could look so sophisticated? 
Asian food
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...